Introduction to ADO
ADO can be used to access databases from your web pages.
Accessing a Database from an ASP Page
The common way to access a database from inside an ASP page is to:
- Create an ADO connection to a database
- Open the database connection
- Create an ADO recordset
- Open the recordset
- Extract the data you need from the recordset
- Close the recordset
- Close the connection
What is ADO?
- ADO is a Microsoft technology
- ADO stands for ActiveX Data Objects
- ADO is a Microsoft Active-X component
- ADO is automatically installed with Microsoft IIS
- ADO is a programming interface to access data in a database
Where to go next?
If you want to study more ADO, read our ADO tutorial.
Learn how your website performs under various load conditions
is a load, stress and performance testing tool for websites and web-based applications.
In contrast to "800-pound gorilla" load testing tools, it is designed to minimize the learning
curve and give you an ability to create a heavy load from a regular workstation.
WAPT is able to generate up to 3000 simultaneously acting virtual users using standard hardware configuration.
Virtual users in each profile are fully customizable. Basic and NTLM authentication methods are supported.
Graphs and reports are shown in real-time at different levels of detail, thus helping to manage the testing process.
Download the free 30-day trial!