Introduction to Flash
Flash is a tool for creating interactive and animated Web sites.
What you should already know
Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following:
- WWW, HTML and the basics of building Web pages
If you want to study these subjects first, go to our Home
What is Flash?
- Flash is a multimedia graphics program specially for use on the Web
- Flash enables you to create interactive "movies" on the Web
- Flash uses vector graphics, which means that the graphics can be scaled to
any size without losing clarity/quality
- Flash does not require programming skills and is easy to learn
Flash vs. Animated Images and Java Applets
Animated images and Java applets are often used to create dynamic effects on Web
The advantages of Flash are:
- Flash loads much faster than animated images
- Flash allows interactivity, animated images do not
- Flash does not require programming skills, java applets do
Learn XML with <oXygen/> XML Editor - Free Trial!
oXygen helps you learn to define,
edit, validate and transform XML documents. Supported technologies include XML Schema,
DTD, Relax NG, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, CSS.
Understand in no time how XSLT and XQuery work by using the intuitive oXygen debugger!
Do you have any XML related questions? Get free answers from the oXygen
and from the video
Download a FREE 30-day trial today!